In 2012 she called him “God.”
Hillary Clinton is shocked shocked too. And “appalled“. Weinstein has helped raise $1.5 million for Democratic candidates.
Holman Jenkins in the WSJ says Harvey is warning the Hollywood liberal elite that his problems are their problems:
He was a guest at the Obama White House 13 times. He gave hundreds of thousands to the Clintons. In 2016, he hosted or headlined multiple fundraisers for Mrs. Clinton with people like Leonardo DiCaprio, Helen Mirren, Julia Roberts and Sarah Jessica Parker.
NBC reported that Secretary of State Tillerson called President Trump a moron. Trump called NBC “fake news”.
The Moron Thing
Tillerson strongly denied that he ever threatened to resign.
But what about the moron thing?
Stephen PaddockStephen Paddock was a 64 year old retired accountant reportedly worth 2 million dollars. He owned rental properties, was a certified pilot and owned two airplanes. Not exactly my idea of the face of evil. But he had 23 firearms in his hotel room and shot nearly 600 people, killing 59 of them.
Face of Evil
He was also a casino gambler. He held the “highest status” at Caesars Entertainment. Does “highest status” go to people who win a lot of Caesars’ money? Did he blow his 2 million dollar fortune?
Whatever happened, it doesn’t seem like he suddenly went haywire. His killing spree was meticulously planned.
David French in National Review thinks the case is very very strange.
President Trump introduced his tax reform plan last week. Critics in the media labeled it “tax cuts for the rich.”
But there’s a reason for that. The rich pay most of the federal income tax.
Democrats are running against income inequality. And they’ve got a point. According to the Tax Foundation the top one percent earn twenty percent of all the income in America..
But they also pay forty percent of all the federal income taxes in the country.
Half the working population can’t protest against Washington by demanding “I’m a taxpayer and ..!” That’s because they don’t pay federal income taxes. Though they do pay social security and medicare taxes.
Here’s a link to a Tax Foundation chart breaking down who pays what by percentile:
The data demonstrates that the U.S. individual income tax continues to be very progressive, borne mainly by the highest income earners.
- In 2014, 139.6 million taxpayers reported earning $9.71 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.37 trillion in individual income taxes.
- The share of income earned by the top 1 percent of taxpayers rose to 20.6 percent in 2014. Their share of federal individual income taxes also rose, to 39.5 percent.
- In 2014, the top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.3 percent of all individual income taxes while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.7 percent.
- The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (39.5 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (29.1 percent).
- The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 27.1 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.5 percent).
Hugh Hefner was a frustrated cartoonist, so he pursued other interests and founded Playboy magazine.
You probably only read Playboy for the fiction. But I read it for the cartoons. Hefner chose the cartoons for each issue.
Cartoon Magazine Publisher Hugh Hefner
I think he also chose the other pictures that appeared in his magazine. And he developed the “Playboy Philosophy” to help him with that task.
But the world of internet porn and political correctness made things difficult for Playboy. An obit in The Atlantic argues that what Playboy offered was “sanitized – Hefner wanted the centerfolds to exude clean-cut charm rather than exotic allure.”
What it should have offered was more cartoons.
Hef was 91 when he died on Wednesday.