Category Archives: President
Megyn Kelly asked Jeb Bush if, knowing what we know now, he would have supported the invasion of Iraq. It would be a great question to ask Hillary Clinton since, as a Senator, she voted for the war. Alas, Hillary is above questioning so Megyn’s question is only being asked of Republican candidates.
Nobody asked him, but Professor Victor Davis Hansen answers the question here.
It’s a good question. Most of the Senate Democrats who voted for the the war quickly turned against it. Many Republicans and public opinion soon headed for the exits too.
With everybody against him, President Bush finally fired Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, poured more troops into Iraq, and put General David Petraeus in charge. The NYT published MoveOn.org’s ad calling him General Betray Us. Hillary called him a liar.
As it turned out the Petraeus plan worked. In 2010 Joe Biden proclaimed events in Iraq the Obama administration’s finest hour. President Obama withdrew U.S. forces as he had promised.
At present the last line of defense appears to be Shiite fighters from Iran.
Knowing what we know now, who in their right mind would answer yes?
Last month ABC’s George Stephanopoulos grilled Peter Schweizer, the author of Clinton Cash.The book details a possible conflict of interest between Bill, Hillary, and the Clinton Foundation. I haven’t read it, but reports say the foundation comes off like a personal slush fund for the Clintons. In his interview with Schweizer, Stephanopoulos insisted there was no “smoking gun” of evidence against the Clintons. He also made a point of of Schweizer’s “partisan interests” since he had been a speech writer for W. Bush. He made no mention of his own role in the Clinton administration. Yesterday it was revealed that Stephanopoulos has given $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation.
And changing the minds of Boehner, McConnell, and the media are not enough. Hillary says deep seated cultural codes and religious beliefs have to be changed.
Or should I say “hacks”? A federal judge on Friday reopened a lawsuit to force Hillary to turn over more government email from her secret stash. Two weeks ago 6,400 missing emails turned up from Lois Lerner’s crashed computer at IRS.
When Hillary was Secretary of State the Russians bought 20% of the US uranium supply. Investors in the company involved gave millions to the Clinton Foundation and hired Bill for one of those $500,000 speeches. If she becomes president maybe they can buy the other 80%.
That’s a reset.